Choloro Oxide is a stabilized form of 99.99% chlorine dioxide solutions. It is used for the disinfection process and meant to kill almost all kinds of water-borne microorganisms. Discovered in 1814, this chemical compound showed its anti-microbial properties while showing its action by interrupting the transportation of nutrients across the bacterial cell wall. Basically, Choloro Oxide targets yeasts, bacteria, virus, protozoans, cysts, mold, fungi and many other diseases. Additionally, this compound is useful in eradicating the presence of cyanides, methanogens and phenols in the water.
As compared to other disinfectants, the offered Choloro Oxide is 10 times stronger and show its action at a broad pH range, usually 4-10. The best thing about it is that, there is no generation of by-products or side effects.
Why Choloro Oxide is best from others?
Present as a versatile chemical compound, Stabilized Chlorine Dioxide is a powerful deodorizing, micro-biocide chemical agent, bleaching and oxidizing agent. It is approved by EPA, WHO, USFDA and other regulatory authorities and accepted globally. Popularized as ‘no elemental free chlorine’ it is chosen by the industries for not producing any kind of chlorinate. Such kind of useful properties is making this disinfectant popular among the users.
- Molecular weight – 67.45
- Melting point – -590
- Boiling point – 110
- Present in yellow or green colour.
- It is water soluble at certain temperature and pressure. Hence, it is available in the liquid form and independent of pH.
- Denser than air.
- At normal pressure and temperature, it is available in gaseous form.
- Explosive in air at the concentration more than 10%.
- Readily decomposes at high temperature, UV and high alkalinity (>ph12).
- Very effective at low dosages.
- Superb in removing biofilm.
- Disinfectant property is very fast.
- As compared to chlorine, it is less corrosive.
- Chlorine dioxide shows low redox potentials of +0.96 MV. Though, there is no exact relationship in between redox and disinfectant property. But, still this makes it different from other.
- The best thing about Choloro Oxide is that it shows very limited chemical reactions.
- Shows high efficacy against fungi, yeasts, algae, protozoa and other vegetative cells. On the other hand, it doesn’t show any kind of effect on animal, fish and human cells as well.
How Choloro Oxide really works?
A broad spectrum disinfectant shows its action on aerobic, anaerobic, gram negative, gram positive, non-spore, spore forming pathogenic and saprophytic bacteria. The main mode of action is bacterial cell reaction with chlorine dioxide. This results in interruption of different cellular process. Generally, chlorine dioxide shows its action by reacting directly with amino acids and RNA. Also, this causes hindrance in production of proteins and modifies the membrane proteins. After the exclusion of bacteria, the chlorine dioxide penetrates the cell wall and start reacting with peptone.
Different forms of Choloro Oxide
Stabilized Chlorine Dioxide is nowadays present in three basic forms – power, gaseous and liquid. They come with two reagents which are needed to be mixed in a required ratio with or without water. After that, it is kept for a certain period of time so as to generate optimum chlorine dioxide. To get the desired result, it is essential to remain adhered to appropriate standards.
The powder form
Measuring the right amount of powder is quintessential for avoiding any kind of accident. It contains both kinds of reagents that needed to be mixed appropriately. It is reported that the activation time of powder is generally 3 hours, which sometimes cause problems to the users.
The liquid form
In this form, both the reagents are properly balanced and present in liquid form. Hence, it is proven to be safer than the powder form. The easy usability, exact measurement and mixing capability make this a preferred form of disinfectant. When it comes to storage, it is undoubtedly safe and doesn’t comprise of any kind of hazardous label.
The gaseous form
Stabilized chlorine dioxide is present as a strong oxidant comprising of microbial property. The low dose of gaseous chlorine dioxide has the capability of minimizing the infectivity. Choloro Oxide is an advanced generation disinfectant prepared from 99.99% of pure chlorine dioxide. It is available as yellowish or green coloured gas with an odour similar to chlorine.
The noted benefits of Choloro Oxide
There are endless advantages of using Choloro Oxide. Here are few of them mentioned as –
- For human use
The Stabilized Chlorine Dioxide is safe for human beings.
- Municipal water.
- Drinking water.
- Swimming pools.
- Ice cubes industry.
- Useful in Bio Industry
Choloro Oxide has finds its usage in Bio Industry too.
- Fish and shrimp hatchery.
- Egg production.
- Canning industry.
- Frozen foods.
- Cosmetics industry.
- Swine processing.
- Meat and milk farms.
- Fruits and vegetables processing.
- Brewing and milk industry.
- Micro-Biological benefits
Well, this stabilized chlorine dioxide has shown benefits in micro-biological field.
- Show full spectrum kill.
- Report faster and stronger biocidal function.
- Results in removal of 100% removal of biofilm.
- Show no smell, no skin or any kind of eye irritation.
- There is no build-up resistant against micro-organisms.
- On comparison with other chlorine products, it shows 10 times more oxidizing power.
- Has kinetic halftime of 30 days.
- Industrial usage
There are many industries that make use of Stabilized Chlorine Dioxide for various purposes. Few of them are mentioned as –
- Pulp & Paper.
- Formation of injection water.
- Commercial aircraft.
- Merchant or navy marine.
- Waste water.
- Irrigation water.
- Cooling towers.
- Refineries and pipeline.
- Well water.
- Resorts and waterpark.
- Cruise ships.
- Injection water.
- Advantages related to economic
Among others, there are economic advantages too related to Choloro Oxide.
- There is a low maintenance cost as the operational cost is also less.
- No requirement of certifications or construction modifications.
- Low concentration is even enough.
- Low cost of chemicals as disinfectant.
- Minimum investment in production equipment.
- Highly skilled employees are not necessary.
- Environmental advantages
Advantages related to the environment have also been reported with Choloro Oxide.
- No presence of chlorine residues.
- Decrease down the organic halogen combinations.
- Remove HAA’s, MX, and THM’s.
- Doesn’t result in unpleasant smell or taste.
- It is reported that the count of bonded chlorine is reduced up to a negligible amount.
- Horticulture usage
Basically, this stabilized form of chlorine dioxide is relatively very useful in irrigation, the ornamental fish aquarium and flowers also.
- Useful in Urban & Leisure market
Choloro Oxide is used in Urban & Leisure market for disinfection purpose.
- Air conditioning system.
- Domestic sanitize.
- Commercial building.
- Hotels and resorts.
- Swimming pools.
- Hot tubs.
- The best advantage finds in Milk Industry
The dairy industry is prone to contamination and that’s the reason it is quintessential to take extra safety precaution. The purpose can easily be solved by using supreme quality of disinfection and among all Choloro Oxide is the best. Doing the sterilization with offered disinfectant is advantageous as it does not cause any damage to the nutritional content of dairy products. From manufacturing process till the last stage of production, stabilized chlorine dioxide is applied as disinfectant. The manufacturing of goat milk, mare milk, liquid dairy, cheese, ice cream, milk casein, whey powder, milk fat, whey protein concentration and many others undoubtedly use this disinfectant. Listed are some of the expedient benefits of using Choloro Oxide.
- Cleaning the conveyor lubricant
Well, this excellent working disinfectant is meant for eliminating the biofilm residue present under the conveyors. This makes easier for the users to clean the conveyor and remove the bacteria.
- Finished/Filler product sprays
The disinfection is useful in washing down the spills and all kinds of finished products. Choloro Oxide has the property to minimize any risk of chaotic spraying.
- Sanitization of filter parts at the time of assembling the equipment
At the time of assembling, there are the chances of contamination. Hence, the use of Choloro Oxide liquid is valuable for sanitizing equipment parts as well as hands.
- Environmental fogging and foaming
Known as a superb sanitizer for environmental surfaces, the stabilized chlorine dioxide shows its action by controlling mold and Listeria.
- Case wash biocide
Undeniably, milk cases are the real home of contamination in the filling room. This is so because; micro-organisms come in this room directly through outside environment.
- While transferring hose soak
At first, it is important that the product transfer hoses should be previously soaked in Choloro Oxide. By doing this, you are actually cleaning them effectively.
- CIP sanitizing
Sanitizing product is important of any industry as it cleans up the area and removes all types of micro-organism. Washing the circuits with disinfectant, increase their working efficiency and make them microbial stable. Choloro Oxide is even useful in waste water treatment and removing the odors caused by the microbes. Not only this, it is also useful for treating chill water, ice banks and non-corrosive materials.
- The fumigation process
The gaseous form of chlorine dioxide is widely used for fumigation purpose and doesn’t require any kind of machine or instrument. Generally, it comes in a kit that comprises of two powder reagents named as RX and RY. It acts by preparing the mixture of both these reagents along with water, which immediately starts releasing the gas. In comparison with chlorine, hydrogen peroxide, formaldehyde or ozone; this gas show excellent oxidizing property. In general, the Choloro Oxide is used for the fumigation process in pharmaceutical industries and hospitals. This is useful in controlling the smell due to infection and sanitizes Operation Theater, ward room, and manufacturing rooms. Some of the mentioned benefits of gaseous Choloro Oxide are –
- Elimination of bacteria, fungi, virus and their spores.
- Low concentration of chlorine dioxide shows the long term effects and minimum side effects.
- Ability to reaches every corner of room.
- Sterilizing the pharmaceutical and medical equipment.
- Experts are not actually needed for the fumigation process.
Simple procedure of using fumigation process – Before the fumigation process, always closes the rooms and stops the air ventilation system. The next step is to cut down the reagents pouches and pour into small bowl. Make sure that at the time of mixing powder there should not be any kind of moisture present in the room. Measure around 20 ml of water in a bowl so as to release the gas. Straightway leaves the room to avoid any kind of side effects and close the door. You can open the ventilation, air conditioner, fan after one or one and a half hour for 2 to 5 minutes. Now, the room is free from microbes.
Safety precautions and warnings – There are certain safety precautions and warnings one must take while performing the fumigation process.
- The mixing should be done in dry condition.
- Children should never come in contact with it.
- Always cover your mouth and nose with a wet cloth.
- Never inhale the mixing water.
- Wash your eyes with water in case any irritation occurs.
- Immediately contact the doctor in case of emergency.
Till now, it is completely understandable that Choloro Oxide, the stabilized form of chlorine dioxide has unique and beneficial properties which make it unique from other. Contrary to other chlorine disinfectant, this is highly effective in pH of between 5 and 10. It is seen that under normal conditions, the chlorine dioxide doesn’t get hydrolyzed and thus, shows active disinfectant property.
Being present as a powerful disinfectant, Choloro Oxide is spreading in the market and shows its ultimate disinfection property. There are many chlorine bleach and bromide present in the market that results in formation of carcinogenic trihalomethanes. All of them get deposited in the environment and causes harmful effects. On the other hand, the interesting fact about Choloro Oxide is that it gets breakdown in the water and eliminate oxygen along with common table salt. Hence, it is highly environmental friendly and less corrosive to any equipment.
Now, it is very clear that Choloro Oxide is very advantageous when it comes to choosing a disinfectant. Try it now to see the notice results.